In June 2017, the Ethiopian Immigration and Nationality Affairs main Department in collaboration with Ethiopian Airlines finalized preparations for the e-visa service for international visitors to Ethiopia.
The e- Visa is processed and issued online on a single Web page where applicants apply, pay and secure their entry visa online.
Once the online application is approved, applicants will receive an email authorizing them to travel to Ethiopia and they will get their passport stamped with the visa upon arrival in Addis Ababa.
The process will save time, energy and cost for travellers to Ethiopia in addition to the simplicity and convenience that it facilitates.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ETHIOPIAN EVISA
Please refer the following requirements for Ethiopian eVISA.
- e-Visa application fees are not refundable
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia.
- Currently, we allow travellers with e-Visa to enter Ethiopia via Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Entry via other ports of entry is not allowed.
- The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia, not from the date of issue.
- Please carefully read and comply with the important notices and guidelines stated in each step of the application form.
- Travelers who are nationals of or have a permanent residence permit in one of the eligible countries can apply for e-Visa.
- Currently, we are issuing single entry tourist visas and conference visas only.
Are you eligible for an e-Visa?
Citizens from the following countries are eligible for e-Visa:
- Czech Republic
- Kenya (exempted)
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Djibouti (exempted)
Learn more about e-Visa here: https://www.evisa.gov.et/#/home