Please read the following carefully and fulfill all the requirements. Failure to fulfill the requirements may result in delaying the processing time or denial of the issuance of the passport.
- The Embassy of Ethiopia is currently issuing only a new Electronic passport that requires mandatory finger print. Therefore, all Ethiopians who want to obtain a replacement (lost or existing) passport or renewal of a passport should fulfill the following requirements.
- Those who have already submitted their finger prints upon receipt of an electronic passport earlier are not required to submit their fingerprints again. However, if you have an old /manual/ passport or was exempted from submitting your finger print due to your minor age then you should submit your finger print anew.Those who are minor under the age of 14 are exempted from providing finger prints.
- The Embassy also advise all applicants to submit their applications AT LEAST 45 DAYS AHEAD of their planned travel date or prior to applying for any other services that require a valid passport.
- If the Embassy requests you to submit an additional document, please send it within a week. If you are informed for the third time to submit the necessary document and if you fail to submit the requested document, the Embassy shall be obliged to send your original document back to you and you will be requested to apply anew.
- A birth certificate or a registration document submitted to The Embassy must be written in English or should be accompanied by official translation.
- For applicant who would like to apply by post, applications must be sent via mail with an envelope which has a Reference Number. The applicant must enclose a self-addressed, prepaid return envelope. The Embassy does not accept any payment for postage. Hence, applicants don’t need to pay for postage and must send an envelope.
N.B : For Applicants who could not use the ‘International coupon’, kindly advised to use a system on Postnord. Accordingly, applicants may use the following link and should attach the slip with your document in the envelop. Page: www.postnord.se privat —– skicka —— kop frakt online or Just click on https://portal.postnord.com/skickadirekt/#/
- Applicants please use Consular Affairs email address only to send your documents:-
Tel. + 46812048500 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For General Information please click the PDF file belowApplication Kit for Passport
- Payment must be made to:-
For applicant living in Sweden
Bank Giro no. 521-8235 write message instead of OCR No. OR
SEB Bank IBAN No. SE575000 0000 0527 7110 6248, Bic-Code ESSESESS
For Applicant living outside of Sweden
IBAN Account number: - SE 575 000 0000 05277 110 6248
BIC / S.W.F.T Address: – ESSESESS
Skandinaviska Eskilda Banken /SEB/
* Please be informed that all connecting bank charges relating to service fees are to be deducted separately from your account.
|Type of Travel Document||Number of Pages||Service Fees|
|Ordinary Passport||New and Renewal||32||522.00|
|Replacement for Lost Passport||Lost for the First Time||783.00|
|Lost for the Second Time||1,044.00|
|Lost for the Third Time||1,566.00|
1. For New Passport Applicants
2. In Replacement for Expired Passport
3. In Replacement for Lost or Damaged Passports
4.For children passport
4. For applicants with out any documents:
If you had passport before, but lost it and do not even have its copy now, you can fill the following form, scan and send it the embassy so that the Immigration department find your old passport. If your old passport is found, you will apply for new passport. Passport finder
If you never had Ethiopian passport and hence document-less, please consider the following form specifically designated for document-less Ethiopians. The filled form will be sent to Immigration Department and if your Ethiopian citizenship is verified, you will apply for new passport. You shall read the requirements and fill the form carefully. Sened-Alba-Documentless
Samples of registration papers